Successful completion of INDMAX unit revamp at IOCL Guwahati Refinery
Pleased to announce that we have successfully completed the prestigious INDMAX unit revamp project at Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., Guwahati Refinery.
The revamp, which was taken up as a part of the capacity augmentation project to increase the unit capacity by 50%, included major modifications in the Riser, Reactor, Stripper, Regenerator and Main Fractionating Column.
Key activities included:
- Replacement of complete Riser & Reactor Cyclones of the Reactor
- Replacement of complete Primary & Secondary Cyclones of the Regenerator
- Replacement of Baffles with Modgrids in the Stripper section
- Replacement of Main Stripping Steam Distributor & Bottom Fluidization Steam Distributor
- Replacement of a Spool piece of the Riser
- Replacement of a Spool piece of the Regenerated Catalyst Stand Pipe
- Application of erosion resistant refractory lining (Rescocast AA-22S)
- Modifications in Main Fractionating Column trays, nozzles, etc.
- Piping modifications & Rerouting
- Replacement of heat exchangers, pumps, etc.
INDMAX technology (also called I-FCC) has been developed by IndianOil R&D to produce high yield of light olefins and high octane gasoline from various petroleum fractions. The technology is being globally licensed by M/s Lummus Technology Inc., USA (a CB&I Company). INDMAX unit is designed by Lummus employing proprietary efficient hardware components with basic process design from IndianOil. For more information, see .
We thank all involved for the cooperation & teamwork which resulted in completion of the job on a very tight schedule. Special thanks is due to the site team of IOCL for their untiring support throughout the project.