Pleased to announce that we have successfully completed the prestigious INDMAX unit revamp project at Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., Guwahati Refinery.
The revamp, which was taken up as a part of the capacity augmentation project to increase the unit capacity by 50%, included major modifications in the Riser, Reactor, Stripper, Regenerator and Main Fractionating Column.
Key activities included:
- Replacement of complete Riser & Reactor Cyclones of the Reactor
- Replacement of complete Primary & Secondary Cyclones of the Regenerator
- Replacement of Baffles with Modgrids in the Stripper section
- Replacement of Main Stripping Steam Distributor & Bottom Fluidization Steam Distributor
- Replacement of a Spool piece of the Riser
- Replacement of a Spool piece of the Regenerated Catalyst Stand Pipe
- Application of erosion resistant refractory lining (Rescocast AA-22S)
- Modifications in Main Fractionating Column trays, nozzles, etc.
- Piping modifications & Rerouting
- Replacement of heat exchangers, pumps, etc.
INDMAX technology (also called I-FCC) has been developed by IndianOil R&D to produce high yield of light olefins and high octane gasoline from various petroleum fractions. The technology is being globally licensed by M/s Lummus Technology Inc., USA (a CB&I Company). INDMAX unit is designed by Lummus employing proprietary efficient hardware components with basic process design from IndianOil. For more information, see here.
We thank all involved for the cooperation & teamwork which resulted in completion of the job on a very tight schedule. Special thanks is due to the site team of IOCL for their untiring support throughout the project.